Prislop Pass

Prislop Pass (Romanian: Pasul Prislop) is a mountain pass in northern Romania, connecting the historical regions of Maramureş and Bukovina over the Rodna Mountains, in the Eastern Carpathians.


The Prislop Pass is situated at an altitude of 1,416 meters, being the highest Romanian pass. It has a length of 50 km and a width ranging from 30-40 km, the north is steep gorge to the south continuing with a gentle slope. The road that crosses the pass (DN18), links Vişeu, Moisei, Borşa (province of Maramureş) with Câmpulung Moldovenesc, Suceava County (province of Moldavia).


In winter the pass is blocked by snow, because of the altitude, but in the summer the tourist has a wonderful view to the Obcinile Bucovinei, to the Rodna Mountains with Pietrosu (2303m) and Ineu (2279m) peaks, and to the springs of Golden Bistriţa. In the second Sunday of August here it takes place the folk festival "Hora de la Prislop" celebrating the descending of the sheep flocks from the mountains.


Photos from Wikipedia.

9 comments:

Globeservations said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Globeservations said...

Check out thesehappy Halloween quotes, Thanksgiving messages and Christmas wishes and you won't have to come up with a single holiday wish yourself!

Anonymous said...

After going over a handful of the blog articles on your website, I truly appreciate your technique of writing a blog. I bookmarked it to my bookmark webpage list and will be checking back in the near future. Please check out my website as well and let me know what you think.

ag said...

Nice Dear merry Christmas quotes

Wishes Dear said...

I've been to these parts, and it's really nice. I've been all around Balkans, and they have a lot of Bukovinas there (Bukva, Bukovica, etc.

Anuj Kumar said...

Great article! Keep post blogs like this very informative.thank you for sharing
merry christmas quotes

yanmaneee said...

kyrie irving shoes
birkin bag
off white hoodie
yeezy supply
moncler jackets
supreme
golden goose
supreme clothing
golden goose sale
paul george shoes

بازی اتاق فرار said...

Excellent and practical

Anonymous said...

After marriage my life was so difficult, my husband started chasing other women because I did not give him a child after waiting for several years. I could see my marriage disappearing. I did everything possible to change the situation but nothing worked until I met Dr DAWN, a spiritual healer. Dr DAWN saved my life and my marriage. now I have 3 children. I am grateful to Dr DAWN and that is why I leave my testimony to anyone suffering from marital and fertility problems. Contact e-mail: dawnacuna314@gmail.com
Whatsapp:+2349046229159